Museum · Visitor Center · Gift Shop · Public Rooms

Welcome to the historic Edinburg Mill, one of the few Mills to survive the burning during the Civil War.

The 1848 Mill has been tastefully and creatively adapted to house an area devoted to transportation in the County through the years: on the great valley pike (US-11), the Shenandoah river and the nearby railroad.

The Edinburg/Madison District museum has been relocated to the Mill and many additional exhibits have been added to display artifacts that demonstrate the rich local history of this agricultural area.

There are exhibits on the Civil War, as well as on the nation's first Civilian Conservation Camp, which was established just outside Edinburg. The main museum displays are located on the second floor, accessible by elevator, and require an admission donation of $3.

The Museum is open year-round, but closed Christmas Day. Hours are: Mon. - Sat., 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sunday, Noon - 5 p.m. [In bad weather, call to check: 540-984-8400]


Basic Mill Facts

Address: 214 S. Main Street Edinburg VA 22824

Lower Level: Heritage Mill Wines 1848, banquet rooms and Edinburg Mill Restaurant
• 1st floor: Museum exhibits, Gift Shop, Visitor Center and retail space.
2nd floor: Transportation Museum, Edinburg/Madison District Museum, Film Theater showing The Burning (film made especially for The Edinburg Mill Museum)
3rd floor: Clothing, Textiles, Red Cross and more Museum exhibits.

Handicapped accessible - elevator, ramps & chair-lift
Ample parking

Historical Facts: One of the few Mills to escape "The Burning" of the Shenandoah Valley during the
Civil War.